Pact is a national charity that supports prisoners, people with convictions, and their families. We provide services at every stage of the criminal justice process: in court, in prison, on release, and in the community.
Pact staff and volunteers provide family services in more than 60 public sector prisons across England and Wales. This work often spans criminal justice, child and family welfare, mental health, wellbeing provision, and health and social care.
Activities we provide include:
- personalised casework support
- relationship and parenting education
- managing the Family and Visitors’ Centre
- refreshment services
- children’s play services
- Family days
- discretionary welfare grants for individuals in need
- signposting families to other Pact services, including peer support and befriendingIn addition, we support prison teams and other practitioners by providing training and advice. We also manage the Prisoners’ Families Helpline: a free, confidential service for anyone affected by the criminal justice system.